What is computer?
A computer is a general purpose device that manipulates information, or data to do arithmetic or logical operations automatically. It has the ability to store, retrieve, and process data.
Use of Computer
We can use a computer to prepare documents, send email, play games, watch movie, listen song and browse the Web. You can also use it to edit or create spreadsheets, presentations, and even videos.
It is called programming machine also because it takes data in form of inputs from user, do process on the data and return the result as an output.
Parts of Computer
Computer has Main two parts:
Hardware and software.
- Hardwareis any part of your computer that we can touch or has a physical structure, such as the keyboard, printer or mouse.
- Softwareis set of instructions that instructs the computer to do process as per user requirement. It is what guides the hardware and tells it how to accomplish each task.
For example web browsers, games, and word processors. Other parts are:
Central Processing Unit (CPU): It is heart and mind of the computer without this unit computer unable to process.
- Keyboard: This is an input device which is used to input the data into the computer.
- Mouse: This is also an input device which is used to input the data into the computer.
- Monitor: This is an output device which is used to show the result of the instructions.
- Hard Disk (HDD): This is used to store the data in massive amount. There are so many type of HDD available in the market, i.e. SATA, PATA, External HDD, and Internal HDD.
- Printer: This is an output device which is used to show the result on the paper. There are plenty of printer available in the market like inkjet, Laser printer, dot matrix printer etc.
- Universal Serial Bus (USB) : This is used to connect the external device to the computer
- Ethernet Cable: This is used to connect computer with other computer.
- CD/DVD ROM: This is used to store the data.
- Speaker: This is an output device which is used to listen voice, songs, etc.
Let us understand some important terms of computer.
- Data: Data is a raw material of information.
- Information: Proper collection of the data is called information.
- SPEED: computer is most faster to calculate any result and return as an output
- ACCURACY: Result given by computer always correct.
- STORAGE: Computer can store a bulk of data at multiple places.
- Machine Level Language: This is low level programming language in form of 0 and 1. Computer can only understand this language.
- Assembly Level Language: This is a low level programming language ,whichimplements a symbolic representation of the machine code needed to program a given CPU architecture
- High Level Language: High level language is a programming language which is easily understandable/readable by human like c,c++, java.
Call us @ 98256 18292.
Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org